Featured Post

Friday, January 30, 2009

Preliminary

watercolor 5" x 7"

This is a little rough color sketch of a commission that I am now working on. The finished piece is almost a full sheet of paper (22" x 30"). It is a winter scene with a lot of ice on the tree branches. There is no sun out so that means no fun shadows to work with. But this is what the client wants. So I will keep it to a limited palette and it will be very soft.
Time for a little nap to rest my eyes so that then I can go and do the big one without stopping or anyone bothering me. I will post the finished piece when I get it done. Also got another commission today. Been lucky with those commissions lately.

2 comments:

Kathy Kreidler said...

It's fun to watch your work on the blog. Thanks for keeping up with your entries.

Kathy said...

Thanks to you that I have this blog. I wouldn't want to disappoint you by not keeping it alive. I almost have the finished piece done. I needed to get away from it and find some photos of horses. My eyes are going buggy from all of the negative painting. You will see it soon. Thanks for watching!