Featured Post

Monday, October 19, 2009

Black and White Flower


watercolor 12 x 16 art/ framed 16 x 20 SOLD

In my bin of matted watercolors I had some black and white studies. A client of mine liked them and asked if I would make her a set of flowers done in this study of black and white. I used lamp black which I never use when I paint. I was surprised to find a tube of black in my painting supplies. Now I have to frame them in black. I think they will look very contemporary when finished.

Our Art After Dark Gala this past Saturday was a big success and we all had a great time. We made some money for the art center :) So many people were so generous with their donations for the silent auction and I am sure the winners of the items were totally thrilled. We even had an exhibit of miniature paintings and the ones that didn't sell are for sale at the gallery. So, you still have time to purchase one or two.

No comments: