Featured Post

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Another winter Sunset...trying a different medium

acrylic
8" x 24"
landscape

My regular watercolor students have been with me for years now...I guess I make good coffee (and I am sure the desserts that I make are a good draw, too).  So I thought what the heck, let's try some acrylic.  I have been playing with these for a few years for little workshops.  I haven't done any serious painting in them for myself yet.  I am just always wanting to paint in watercolor.  I must say,  I do paint these in glazes just like in watercolor.  They have been surprisingly fun for all of us.  I know I enjoyed coming up with the samples and then I do enjoy teaching them. I forgot to mention that I have great students

On February 17 and Feb. 24 I will be teaching 2 workshops on how to paint the above  Indiana acrylic landscape.  Sorry but both classes are full.  It will be exciting for all of us because this is really a unique size.  It is a stretched canvas so they can just hang them on their wall.  I am sure if they decide to frame these, they would have to get a custom frame.  I never framed an oil or an acrylic yet....gonna find out how.

take it easel...K

No comments: