Featured Post

Monday, June 20, 2011

Seedless


watercolor 14 x 21


This is the challenge for this week. We were given the photo to work from, but we had to paint it upside down. No, we did not have to stand on our heads to do it. lol.

I thought maybe if I ate some pineapple upside down cake that would count :)) I make a mean cake!! This was really a challenge especially for watercolor. When I started this painting I had a taste for watermelon. When I finished, I don't want to look at one for a while.

Stay cool! Enjoy your summer!

6 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

WOW, it's gorgeous. The colors are so rich I can TASTE them!! And I'm not standing on my head either ... HAHAHA!

Kathy said...

Thanks Catherine. I loved the colors of the photo but to try to capture them in wc was a challenge. lol.

I just finished planting all of my flowers... I think...unless one comes home with me from a store. Now I will begin weeding and feeding and painting them. Watch out!!

jyothisethu said...

this is a wonderful painting...
the composition, color and execution compete with each other...

congratulations..

Prabal said...

Kathy,
This is fabulous..The fruit, bowl, reflections, everything is just so good. And the rich colors too.

Kathy said...

jyothisethu..TY I wish I could say that I took the photo of this still life to paint, but I didn't. It was fun painting it upside down...a real challenge.

Kathy said...

Prabal... Thanks for your kind comments. You have to try painting upside down...and I do not mean on your head! lol It was alot of fun.