Featured Post

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

mini 5" x 7" #9

5" x 7" watercolor landscape $50

Tonight I was cutting mats for all of these paintings. The chairwoman of the gala said it was too big of a donation to give the originals. So, I went and had copies made at the office supply store on card stock. They actually turned out pretty good just for a copy. So I made 20 mats for the copies and then 20 double mats for the originals. I will frame them all and hopefully I will sell the originals this holiday season....Get yours early. lol.

I will be so sore tomorrow morning from cutting these mats. What we do in the name of art...because this is what we do.

3 comments:

M R Anand said...

this series is coming out beautifully! I like the glow of the sun in the background and the ease with which you are handling the blues and purples!

Mary Paquet said...

Your series is very nice. I love the spareness with which you convey the beauty of the landscape.

Kathy said...

Thanks to you both. Last night I was cutting all of the matts and then tonight I was doing some of the framing...I thought you would both show up. lol. You both probably don't even live in the US...So leave your home town now. LOL Have a great day.