Featured Post

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nobody Lives There--Just the Trees

watercolor 14 x 21

I thought about doing another Chicago scene, but then I felt a little bit country. This was from a photo I took and I do not believe anyone was living there at the time.
This will be a busy week for me since there is a holiday this weekend and I am having a family picnic on Saturday. Lots of cooking and cleaning for that. Won't get in all of the painting time that I would like...oh well...it will be a fun weekend.
Off to the framer....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you have a good time with your family and you can make them one chocolat pie for desert . I won't be able to send you my secret recipe. You will have to learn to do it by yourself. MPDR.
I have had to disinherit to my daugther by saying that your watercolors are bette than mine. MPDR. Now something serious, yes, this watercolor transmits the feeling of loneliness and abandonment. well done!

Kathy said...

Yes, Julian it is a family reunion so that is why I thought you would be there...and bring the chocolate pie. I don't need the recipe...just the pie. MPDR
Yes, you can disinherit your daughters because they are now mine and will be moving to the USA next month...they want to come to the FAMILY reunion. They needed a new family they said. One with a good painter. MPDR
Good, you think it looks lonely? Then this will be your house when your family leaves you to come to the USA....:)