Featured Post

Thursday, December 8, 2011

No Football Today-Soldier's Field, Chicago


watercolor
10" x 14"
landscape

Bet you wondered what had happened to me that I didn't post for a while....Well, I was busy putting up Christmas decorations. I have trees in every room and I finally got them all up last night. I missed not being able to paint. But it is looking a bit festive in my house now.

This is a painting as you go into the city of Chicago. Soldier's field is the stadium where the Chicago Bears football team play. It is really a neat shaped building.

Well back to decorating for me....

5 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

I really like this, Kathy. I haven't been to Chicago for a couple of years and have missed it. We generally take the train and stay a couple of nights at least once each summer.

Maybe next year,

xoxo

Azra said...

Magic Kathy! You certainly know how to lead people into your beautiful paintings!

jyothisethu said...

it is beautiful...
regular or not, the magic is with you...

Kathy said...

Vickie,,,where do you live? I love the city. I went to art school there, taught there and worked as a commercial artist after art school. That was for 12 years of commuting from Indiana. Now I just go up when I want. It is a city that doesn't sleep. There are alot of new things that you need to see...mark your calendar for the summer. Christmas is a special time to be there, too. I hope to make a run up there before Christmas. Thanks for stopping by and have a Merry Christmas!! K

Kathy said...

Thanks Azra amd jyothisethu. Thanks for your comments. It was a bit strange painting this since I do use so much color normally. But....we have to keep trying new things. Have a great weekend.