Featured Post

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Loose Lilies




watercolor 1/2 sheet

I said I would try those pink lilies again to see how loose I could get. Both paintings are done on 300# wc paper. The top one was the original painting that I did on Monday. The second painting (middle frame)was sponged to get it totally wet. Then I began to paint. This frame was done as a wet-into-wet wash. While that was drying I did some framing. Then the bottom frame is where I came into it and tightened it up and added some of the detail. I used a different pink on the second painting. I think the first pink is prettier and brighter.

1 comment:

Indiana Kreidlers said...

The "loose" painting has a totally different atmosphere. I like them both.