Featured Post

Monday, July 27, 2009

What is it??


watercolor 12" x 12"

I went to the local fruit, flower, & vegetables stand and I found this plant. I did not know what it was. When I found it, it was a stalk with what looked like coffee beans growing out of the top. I took a smell of it and that wasn't pleasant. I asked the cashier what was the name of this plant and asked for more info on it. She said it was a POPCORN plant and that it would bloom into this yellow flower and it would smell like popcorn.
Well, I planted it and then forgot all about it and then surprise...it was in bloom. So here it is. Maybe you know the name of the plant. The leaves are a bright green. It is a very different plant. I never saw one like it? Yes, it does smell like popcorn.

3 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

gr8 work with colors and shades..Even, I also don't know its name. Well, You did a fantastic job!

Kathy said...

Thanks Megha. How did your tests go? Bet you are glad they are over. About this flower, I wonder if it will come back next year. Glad no animals ate the "popcorn" plant. lol

FitFoodieMegha said...

My tests were gud. Hey Kathy,I have an award for you on my blog...:)

Color Pencil Portrait: Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak