Featured Post

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Sign of Spring


watercolor

This is almost a full sheet of paper. I will have to look up the size on this one. It is the other painting that was accepted into the Illiana Artist Juried Exhibit held at the Chesterton Gallery in Chesterton, IN. It will open this Friday.
It was a busy weekend with my open house. I was so looking forward to working in the studio today. But, I guess God had a different plan. I was sick. For those of you who know me, I do not know how to take it easy, so today was a hard day. I'm feeling better right now and I can't wait till tomorrow to eat something and to hit that studio!! I can hear my brushes crying for me....

7 comments:

Camilla said...

Are you the artist of these paintings?
They are so beautiful! You are very talented:-)

Kathy said...

Yes I am the artist. I am glad you enjoyed them. I see you are from Sweden. I have a friend who lives in Upsala (I think that is how you spell it). Are you an artist, too?

Kathy Kreidler said...

Although I notice the flowers first, I love all the criss-cross branches--the colors and spatters and negative stuff going on.

Kathy Kreidler said...

I looked at the close-up again, and I found red jewels!

Kathy said...

there are probably some blue ones too.

Camilla said...

No, I'm not an artist:-) The only thing I paint are coloring books for kids;-)
I study at the University of Uppsala, it's a small world sometimes!

Kathy said...

Camilla, Is Fr. Phillip Geister still teaching at the University?