Featured Post

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Eating and Drinking Series...#5 "Listening and Talking"


Top: 5 x 7 acrylic
Bottom: 5 x 7 watercolor


Yesterday I received some Holbein acrylics so I thought that was a sign that I better try one of these "Eating and Drinking" paintings in this new medium (new for me). The top one is yesterday's attempt. The bottom one is tonight's attempt in my old faithful watercolor medium. (Holbein, or course!)
They say we are supposed to grow as an artist and to try new things. This is what I am doing with this series. It has been fun but I sure need a lot more work on painting people. Maybe I should do one of these little 5 x 7 paintings in a larger format. That might make it a bit easier. I would rather paint with bigger brushes.
Happy Listening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Certainly, Kathy, you should try with one bigger format to paint people and by other hand talking of paints I dont know Holbein about, but for acrilics the best is Golden, as I'll explain in my next book: " Acrilics for everyone who can't to paint people ". Sorry, but you first will have to wait I learn to write in English. Next year.

Kathy said...

Hi Julian. You are so funny. Yes, I would like to paint a bigger one of the people paintings. These 5 x 7 make good color sketches. These little itty bitty brushes kill me. Give me my one inch flat brush!!
Holbein is a brand of paints sold here in the US. It is a Japanese paint. They are the best!!! A little bit goes a long way. The colors are intense and they don't get muddy (unless you play with the paint and overwork your painting).
I can't wait for your book. lol. Maybe I should learn spanish and then you wouldn't have to write it in english. lol
Did you start your 12-step program for your addiction to the computer. I heard there is a new program coming out call the 12-color program to ween you off of the internet and back into the studio. lol