Featured Post

Monday, March 7, 2011

Plein Air-Winter

watercolor 11 x 7

Today I thought I would try painting plein air. I felt since we were blest with one more snow fall that I would take advantage and try painting on location. This was my first attempt trying this in the winter. It was a blast. Fortunately, it was 33 degrees so it was not bad out and I dress accordingly. I only wished I had a hair dryer to get the paint to dry faster.

Then I was able to go out shooting for some more reference material for future paintings. You will have to come back to see what will be new on the easel. It was a great day.

6 comments:

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Wow...good attempt and you succeeded in creating two beautiful works of art! Someday I too would like to try plein-air :)

irinapictures said...

I like these winter sketches very much. I hope to get outdoors for painting in nearest time, but climate can think different)

Studio at the Farm said...

Your watercolor sketches are great! Good for you for getting out there painting plein air!

Kathy said...

Thanks my friends. It was a blast and i will do it again, but I might wait till it gets a bit warmer. It was funny when the police came to see what I was doing. lol

Words of advice...bring dog treats for visiting dogs and have your business card/brochure to hand out. lol But I highly recommend it and you have to go out there and try it. Come here and we can all go out together and I will serve you lunch:)

Unknown said...

Hi, Kathy, super watercolor, but I hope you didn't catch a pneumonia.MPDR.

Kathy said...

Julian, it was really nice out that day. I didn't even wear gloves. I do need to find a hair dryer that runs on batteries...thanks for stopping by:)