Featured Post

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Endless Summer--Hydrangea

watercolor 15 x 24

This was the painting that I did yesterday. Since it was a large painting, it took a lot of time to draw it out and to paint it. I finished it in the wee hours of today so I thought I would just post it today. My intent was to have this painting really soft using just those pinks and greens that you see on Hydrangea at the end of the season. Guess I got purple happy :) I should have painted another snow scene...since I didn't, we had a winter storm and we had about 8" of that white stuff.
After snow blowing this afternoon, I spent 6 hours starting to take down the Christmas decorations. I just have to remember that it took 1-1/2 weeks to put it up so it will take that long to put it away...wanna help?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I suppose that you have posted this hydrangea for bothering me. Well, it´s a joke. It is gorgeous with wonderful color in shadows and light, but I feel much better knowing it was necessary a lot of work. That is one of the reason why I don´t paint it, the other is because I know how doing.

Kathy said...

Thanks Julian. I might try it again, we shal see. I loved your apple that you just posted. That is a nicely painted apple and you painted it in watercolor. I need to paint some small paintings. Two big ones in a row...now I need a break.