Featured Post

Sunday, January 10, 2010

More Hydrangea



watercolor

Ok. I took a break from taking down some of the Christmas trees and other holiday decorations. Still have lots to do...but I needed to paint. I wanted to try those hydrangea again without using those purples. I wanted it just pinks and greens and to see how soft and loose I could keep it.. Thought I would give you another example of my step-by-step painting process. For the final one I lightened the leaves. I was sooooooooo tempted to add black to the background. Thought I would see what it might need tomorrow. Who knows...maybe it needs black or purple.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

At last ! I can know how you do hydrangeas, watching that only it´s necesary having one method. Of course, one good approach I will practice. Thank for your opinion about my apple.

Kathy said...

Hi Juliean...Now will you try to paint hydrangea? I showed two different methods...a tighter version and a looser one. They were both fun to do. I have an idea for a painting for tomorrow and for the next day...but, I have to take down my 10 ft. tree in the living room. It has 350 ornaments and 2600 lights on it. What was I thinking when I put it up? lol

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Wow! This is so beautiful!

Kathy said...

Hi Ramesh, Thanks for your comment. I tried to leave a message on your blog but my computer froze up on me. I love how versitle you are with your paintings. And they are so well done. Thanks for sharing.