Featured Post

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Borders is Closed

watercolor
11" x 14"

The chain of bookstores called Borders is now closed. Other book stores have taken over a few of them. My local store is changing into an appliance store. This painting is of the one that was in the Downtown section of Chicago. My favorite bookstore was Kroch and Brentano's. There used to be one in Chicago, too. I used to go to it all of the time when I was a student at the American Academy of Art and when I worked up down. That was my first credit card. I think I still have it.

Sadly but also wonderfully, we can get good deals on books at Amazon.com, halfbook.com, and many other online stores. I guess we are actually putting these icons of book stores out of business...good news / bad news.

No comments: