Featured Post

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Taking Photos at Deep River Park

watercolor
14" x 21"

This is a local county park in Hobart, Indiana. It is really lovely all times of the year.

The figure I decided on 2 days after I painted the painting. I was able to lift some of my forest area to do this. I didn't want him to become the center of interest so I didn't use bright colors. I thought by making this person a photographer he would help draw your eye around the painting and then point (and shoot) back to the center of interest which is the stump with the snow on it.

Stay warm!!

4 comments:

Prabal said...

kathy this is a lovely painting. Has a cosy feel to it and I like that.

Kathy said...

Thanks Prabal...Then come to Indiana and I will show you these places and then take you out for pizza :))

Unknown said...

Well, Kathy you have gotten what you had proposed. I've been watching your watercolor from up down, and right to left. As result, it's a good painting with a fantastic background, reflections in the water and fine composition, but, but...
The photographer is taking the landscape with his o her gloves, and... it's imposible!MPDR

Kathy said...

My dear Julian....glad you noticed all of those trees in the background...they are alot of work. As for the photographer with the gloves...it is darn cold out here so you have to wear gloves. But...my friend...these are the kind of gloves with the fingertips showing so it is not a problem. You can make these by taking scissors and cutting the tips off. I bought mine. MPDR Thanks for stopping by :))