Featured Post

Thursday, April 15, 2010

People: Coming and Going -- Chicago

watercolor 21 x 14

Here we see the hustle of a typical day in Chicago. People are walking, taking taxis, or the EL (train) and many messengers are on bikes. It is a fast moving city. When I got off the bus on my first day of Art School (many years ago), I could not believe how fast people walked. If you didn't keep up the pace, you would be trampled on. Needless to say, I kept up the pace. It was great going to art school in the city and to work and teach there too. I have been blest.

2 comments:

Sujit Sudhi said...

There you go again. I have only been to Chicago four or five times. But that's enough for me to see the soul of the windy city in this painting. I think its because of those cabs. Maybe not! I can't tell you why, but this one has Chicago written all over it. Thanks for sharing

Kathy said...

Hi Sujit, If you have been to Chicago, then the city is with you. You see so many taxis and then the elevated trains. It is not a quiet city. I have a different idea for my next trip to the city...come back and see where I take you. Thanks for your comments.